[+/-] Bush robbing you blind
Bush wants kudos for yet another massive budget deficit.
Today, the Office of Management Budget projected a $296 billion federal deficit for fiscal year 2006. Bush held a press conference arguing that this is a vindication of his economic policies.Remember when Republicans thought deficits were evil?
Actually, it would be the fourth largest deficit of all time. Here's the top five:
When President Bush came into office, he inherited a surplus of $284 Billion. At that time, the Bush administration predicted a $516 billion surplus for 2006.
- 2004 (George W. Bush) $413 billion
- 2003 (George W. Bush) $378 billion
- 2005 (George W. Bush) $318 billion
- 2006 (George W. Bush) $296 billion (projected)
- 1992 (George H. W. Bush) $290 billion